APRIL FOOLS — THE OFFICE
An April Fools prank that parodies the popular TV show, "The Office", designed to target current and prospective students, demonstrate Champlain's brand personality and innovative spirit, and garner press mentions. Campaign also raised visibility for the Student Employee Recognition initiative using the same theme throughout the year. Campaign materials included a website designed to appear like Champlain's main website using staged images that incorporated references to the television show. Marketed as the "new Champlain look", website was shared via social media on April 1, 2017. Accompanying images were shared on social media to increase traffic to the fake site. Delivered the campaign on time under the budget of $200.
Panel images were carefully thought out, staged, and photographed to include references to "The Office" or popular "Office" themes/jokes tailored to be specific to Champlain College. All calls to action clicked through to real Champlain College website pages. Responsible for conceptual development, production, and execution. Developed production timeline, created props, executed photography, and produced website.
Images shared on social media throughout the day driving to the fake website; referenced popular "Office" jokes but tailored to reflect Champlain College. Responsible for conceptual development and production.
Shot-for-shot remake of The Office opening credits. Shared on Champlain College Facebook and Twitter accounts with a link to the fake website. Provided music, context, and detailed shot list to film student employee to capture shots and ensure accuracy.
SOCIAL MEDIA CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Awards: Awarded a 2018 CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) District I Silver Creative Excellence Award for Breakthrough Social Media for my work on the #champaccepts campaign, an ongoing, multi-platform effort to engage and retain admitted students from acceptance to arrival on campus for Orientation.
- Platforms: Launched Champlain College's Instagram and Snapchat accounts and built community to current followings; redefined strategy, voice, and content plan for Facebook and Twitter accounts to increase engagement and double community growth to over 10k and 4k, respectively.
- Strategy & Content Development: Created institutional and admissions social media strategies that align with strategic goal, expand brand awareness. Visually communicated the Champlain College brand, experience, & community on social media through creation, curation, and distribution of content including photos, social graphics, digital and print collateral, and video. Developed creative, cross-platform campaigns for engagement and visibility that align with strategic goals.
- Student Employment: Led a team of student employees to create graphical and video content as well as live coverage for social media. Incorporated editorial and social media calendars, task management software, and regular communications to ensure increased productivity and smooth production flow.
- Education & Training: Served as guest presenter for both internal and external audiences. Presented internally to classes, student leadership groups, and departments on social media education, personal branding, digital identity. Presented as content expert to for social media topics to external audiences for organizations such as FlynnCenter, Burlington Social Media Day and more.
- Consulting: Regularly consulted with Champlain College campus departments and individuals about social strategy, content creation, analytics, best practices, communications, and utilization of student employees.
- National Campaigns: Recruited by the Office of the First Lady on behalf of Michelle Obama to participate in her Reach Higher initiative on May 1, National College Signing Day. Posts were amplified on official White House accounts, including the First Lady’s Twitter (@FLOTUS) and Instagram (@MichelleObama), and the White House blog.
- Software: Introduced 3rd party software to Champlain social media community for more effective content production and management, including Hootsuite, Canva, and Asana; onboarded and provided hands-on training for other Champlain users.
- Metrics: Regularly assessed progress and used analytics to improve engagement and content performance. Delivered monthly reports and actionable insights to stakeholders. Established KPIs for Champlain College's Institutional and Admissions social media accounts.
- Community & Crisis Management: Contributed to Champlain College’s reputation management by engaging in social listening for customer care, market research, and competitive intelligence. Responsible for crisis and issues management, including monitoring, responding, tracking, training for other campus social media users, and communications to proper stakeholders. Contributed to retention and yield efforts by actively managing and monitoring segmented Facebook groups to create positive and engaging online communities for all current and incoming students. Established Champlain’s first comprehensive crisis communications plan.